Ian Thomas Shield date agreed ..... at last!
Photo by Dave PayneWed 31 Aug 2016
After several false alarms due to rider availability it appears as if we have finally been able to agree a date with Newcastle to host the second leg of the Ian Thomas Shield at Derwent Park.
What became the first leg took place at Newcastle on Sunday 27th March, with the Diamonds coming out on top 46-44 after the previous evening's meeting had been postponed at Derwent Park due to rain and a waterlogged track.
Since then the two clubs have been trying to find an acceptable date to re-stage what is now the second leg at Derwent Park. However, whenever the Comets had a free date the Diamonds were unable to visit due to rider availability or the fact that they were already racing elsewhere.
But, the two clubs have now agreed that the second leg will take place at Derwent Park on Saturday 17th September at 7:00pm.
However, should that date be required to re-stage any outstanding league fixtures for either club, due to rain-offs between now and the 17th September, then a new date will have to be found for the Ian Thomas Shield as Premier League fixtures must take priority, especially as the Premier League Play-off Cut-off date is on Monday 19th September.
Copyright Notice : The text content of articles appearing on this website may be copied and/or reproduced for other media outlets and formats providing the article remains intact and unedited, and the source is clearly acknowledged as "www.workingtoncomets.co"
Last Updated : Wed 31 Aug 2016, 22:05 UK